Pages

February 10, 2017

“Confirmations of Baha’u’llah” - “...hovering like the birds of paradise!"

One day, when ‘Abdu'l-Baha was very tired, He said to several young Baha’is who came to see Him:

“My work is done. The tree of my life has yielded its fruits. I have set a fire in the world. Your duty is to add to its flame.

“My Sons, it is now your turn. The members of nay bodily constitution are well-nigh disintegrated. You are young, and your blood is pure; your intelligence is keen. You can bear the difficulties of this life. I would like to remain silent for some time, and listen to the incoming news of those who are endeavoring to spread the Fragrances of God. How far shall they succeed? How will they promote the Word of God? How will they raise the melodies and sing the songs of 'Ya Baha’u’l-Abha!

"Assuredly the Blessed Perfection is with such souls. They shall see with their own eyes the Confirmations of Baha’u’llah; just as I saw them when addressing large gatherings in churches and temples. I saw them hovering like the birds of paradise!" 
- 'Abdu'l-Baha  (Words of ‘Abdu’l-Baha, recorded by Amhad Sohrab, December 11, 1913, ‘Diary of Mirza Ahmad Sohrab; Star of the West, vol. 5, no. 1, March 21, 1914)