- Pity and good-will towards all mankind.
- The rendering of service to humanity.
- To guide and enlighten hearts.
- Each member must try to be kind to everyone and to show forth great affection towards every living soul.
- Humility towards God and constant prayer to Him so as to be enabled to grow daily "Nearer God".
- Always in every word and action to be faithful and sincere, so that each member may be known to the world as embodying the qualities of Sincerity, Faith, Kindness, Love, Generosity and Bravery. That we may be detached from all that is not God, attracted by the Heavenly Breath, divine beings - so that the world may know that a Bahá'í is a perfect being.